Skye is a Border Collie and Search & Rescue Dog with SARDA Wales. I have had her since she was 7 weeks old and have trained her specifically for Search & Rescue since I got her. I am a self employed Mountaineering Instructor and member of Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team and she often comes to work with me during the day. You can find links to the various teams and to expeditionguide.com below.

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Training - the story so far

Since my last post Skye has been doing well with her training and we have now come to the end of her first 12 months of Search Dog training. She is still very puppyish but with that she is extremely keen to work which is brilliant. Over the last few months of SARDA training we have been concentrating on extended run outs and C Searches, getting the find sequence well and truly nailed. This weekend we were staged at C Searches and given lots of help in moving onto searching small areas. This is where I come in as I now have to learn how to efficiently move my dog through the search area, maximising the wind. This next stage feels exciting and I look forward to the next 12 months of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment