Skye is a Border Collie and Search & Rescue Dog with SARDA Wales. I have had her since she was 7 weeks old and have trained her specifically for Search & Rescue since I got her. I am a self employed Mountaineering Instructor and member of Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team and she often comes to work with me during the day. You can find links to the various teams and to expeditionguide.com below.

Sunday 9 May 2010

Training Weekend




Skye and I have been with SARDA Wales this weekend for the May training. We spent both days in the Llanberis Pass under blue skies and sunshine, with a reasonable breeze both days. At the start of the weekend Skye was being cocky and not running all the way into the body when she found it. She would run until she saw the body and then turn back and come and get me. We worked on getting the bodies better hidden and this solved the problem nicely so that by the end of today she was doing run outs and pop ups properly. A great weekend of playing with the dogs in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment